Institutional Action

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prehealthstudent

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My RA wrote me up for sharing beer with my girlfriend and her friends who were all 19 or 20 years old. How will this affect my admission chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You had better bring enough to share to interviews, too.

Reactions: 1 users
does it say IA on your transcript?

No it's on a student conduct record that has been expunged, but AMCAS says I still have to report it.

Yeah but that would be dishonest and then I could get my degree/license revoked later on.

Reactions: 1 user
I assume this was a couple years ago? Admit it, BRIEFLY state that you are sorry it happened/learned from it (no breast beating), and move on.

Yeah but that would be dishonest and then I could get my degree/license revoked later on.
Agree. Don't try to hide it, because that will make it infinitely worse for you if you are caught. Med schools can understand a mistake that you own up to. Being dishonest about it is a sign of poor character and is much more serious.

This will not be a big deal. All you need to say is something like this:

In [month year], when I was 21, I shared some beer with my girlfriend and her friends who were 19 and 20 years old. My Resident Assistant noted this in my student conduct record. That record has since been expunged. I realized that I was not behaving in a responsible manner to allow people under 21 access to beer and I have refrained from doing so ever again.

Reactions: 1 user