Integrated Plastics Spots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zpdoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows how many spots are available each year in the integrated plastics programs or where I could find this info.

Also, for anyone who might know - would any kind of research be helpful in getting a spot, or does it absolutely have to be relevant to plastic surg (I have tons of research exp., but none of it connected to plastics..:( )?

Members don't see this ad.

I believe there are 77 spots nationwide, and 100% of them get filled. You can find this info at www.nrmp.org :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
hi, voxel.
can u share with me where u got that number (150 US applicants this year).
Thanks in advance.

The previous post about the number of applicants is incorrect. I know that Northwestern's program had 179 applicants and others have exceeded 200. I'm not sure where your numbers are coming from.

These are numbers as of Oct 10th, 2002. (I believe). The 150 are only for US applicants. There are 20 IMG/FMG applicants in the match as well. Bring the total number to 170. This is as of 10/10/02. Perhaps some more people applied between then and now. My numbers are accurate as of Oct 10th, 2002. Also this applies only to people applying through ERAS.

FYI they're have been a few spots in the integrated programs that have not filled in the last few years (its only been like 1 or 2 total). I know Case Western had one a couple back. I imagine it has to do with a program being too selective with the # of interviews that they gave & ending up with small rank lists on a very small group of candidates that get interviews

Anybody know about interviews for plastic surgery programs? I have a few coming up and i am wondering what it is like. I have heard horror stories for ortho. UTSW and sLU. Any body interview there last year? Thanks

DocOliver

You are going into plastic surgery? So what do you know about integrated interviews? i have a few coming up. I would like some advice on preparstion or at least what to expect.

I've no idea as I'm doing a fellowship rather then an integrated position. I imagine your interviews would be similar to general surgery.....ie. a lot of small-talk/BS, a cursory look @ your letters (unless they know the source), rarely some clinical question to test you fund of knowledge.

I've heard some of the integrated spots do some aptatude tests like UTSW which made one of my former students draw a face & take some spatial relations test

Hi guys,

I'm new to the site and would like to know if anyone has or can tell me where to find a COMPLETE list of programs which offer integrated spots.

At least as recently as last year, such a beast did not exist. There is a site on-line which was an attempt at such a list - unfortunately, it has largely been abandoned and has been out of date for a few years.

If you find one, or someone else here knows of one, please let us know. :D