Integrated rate laws on the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Faris_

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Couldn't find solid info about this so here we go. Should I memorize all 0,1st, and 2nd order equations and slopes and the ln version of Arrhenius equation along with the half life of all orders or are questions about this subject are easy enough to pull off without equations? TIA

Members don't see this ad.

Couldn't find solid info about this so here we go. Should I memorize all 0,1st, and 2nd order equations and slopes and the ln version of Arrhenius equation along with the half life of all orders or are questions about this subject are easy enough to pull off without equations? TIA
Make sure that you know the graphs of ZERO, FIRST, and SECOND order reactions......along with how to work with kinetic data. This includes getting the rate law, solving for the rate constant, and determining reaction rate in another trial. No need to memorize Arrhenius equation... but understand that as Temperature increases, rate constant increases. Hope this helps

Dr. Romano

Reactions: 1 user
Indeed you should, my friend. Indeed you should.:bookworm:
Make sure that you know the graphs of ZERO, FIRST, and SECOND order reactions......along with how to work with kinetic data. This includes getting the rate law, solving for the rate constant, and determining reaction rate in another trial. No need to memorize Arrhenius equation... but understand that as Temperature increases, rate constant increases. Hope this helps

Dr. Romano

Thanks for the input. Back to the grind it is.

Reactions: 1 user