INTEGRIS Southwest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joeDO2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some recent info on this program. Especially interested in reviews of the student rotation experience and/or teaching environment. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Same here I have audition rotation set up here and would love some information. Thanks

I rotated there last year. It is a nice hospital and rotating there has its perks (free housing and food- unlimited!). The ED has real doors to the patient rooms (~20-something beds with a separate fast track), a few trauma bays (I think the hospital is level 2), a couple of portable ultrasound machines, in-department imaging.. The pathology is decent and the volume is very high.

The program is very inbred. If you're from Oklahoma, you're chances are significantly higher (probably >3:1). Some residents are very nice and fun to be around, but the others had very awkward personalities (had difficulties even talking to patients). Some still had trouble even doing pertinent/directed h&p's.

There are plenty of procedures for the taking. However, get your game face on because with 4-5 students on at a time (at least during my month there), there are gunners who hoard procedures and you may end up with none. It's very irritating. The attendings are walled off in their own fishbowl and really only interact with residents during presentations. During my time there, I didn't get many opportunities to learn from them which was a big negative.

The free food and housing was really nice though! Not enough to convince me to apply there. I have friends who did and none that I know of received invitations to interview (all non-OSU). I rec'd honors for the rotation, but I really did not enjoy my month there and would recommend you choosing another site if you aren't from OK.