Intention for Cardiology Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmks198

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone can give me some direction. I'm a British IMG with green card and intend to do a fellowship in Cardiology. I'm just in the process of formulating my rank list for IM residency but I'm not really sure which programs are considered more reputable than others and would benefit me the most in my future pursuits.

I have good Step scores, some published research and book publications, so I think I'm in at a reasonable starting point and don't want to shoot myself in the foot by choosing the wrong residency program just because of unfamiliarity!

This is the top end of my list thus far;
UConn Farmington, Case western MetroHealth, UConn (New Britain - PCP pathway), Albany, Allegheny, Lankenau

Members don't see this ad.

Uconn farmington and the new britain are both great programs. However, Uconn cardiology has not taken anybody in-house since 2015 match. There is another fellowhsip (hartford hospital) who have taken a few in-house though. Allegheny cards fellowship does take in house residents. No idea about the rest.

1. Most of the programs are similar, so you should give a lot of consideration to how much you loved the residency and city
2. Best predictor is the match rate to cardiology for their residents. Do they take in house candidates and where do their residents typically go?