Interested in Bionics. What specialty should I shadow/aim for?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maxblink

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I watched a video on youtube, which I just tried to get the link to but video has been removed by user, that showed some of the prosthetic work the PT's at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC are doing. They are working with some amazing technology and doing research into new technology all the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will try to see if the same video (under a different user) is still on youtube somewhere. If I find it, I will post it.

I'm most interested in this aspect of physical therapy as well. I like the combination of cutting edge research but still helping people in a very tangible way. I wonder if you need some other schooling to get in this area. Seems like you'd have to know something about engineering, right?

Last edited:
I thought for sure we would have seen at least some reference to the 6 Million Dollar Man by this point!

I thought for sure we would have seen at least some reference to the 6 Million Dollar Man by this point!

LOL! You now have....but remember, most on this forum are too young to know who he is!!!