Interested in ObGyn research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hopefully30

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone!

I did not match this year and am looking to make myself a stronger candidate when I apply again. Furthermore, I have not had any research experience previously and am also curious to see if research would also be a good fit for me.

I am interested in pursuing obgyn, and am not sure how to go about finding research positions in obgyn after having graduated now. I have my MD. I've finished my Steps I, II and III. I am Canadian so I would need a visa to work in the US.

I have emailed faculty at various universities expressing my interest. They either get back to me with a negative response, or not at all.

If anyone has any helpful information, or know of any research positions that are available at your hospital, I would be very grateful.

Thank you sincerely.
 
Hello everyone!

I did not match this year and am looking to make myself a stronger candidate when I apply again. Furthermore, I have not had any research experience previously and am also curious to see if research would also be a good fit for me.

I am interested in pursuing obgyn, and am not sure how to go about finding research positions in obgyn after having graduated now. I have my MD. I've finished my Steps I, II and III. I am Canadian so I would need a visa to work in the US.

I have emailed faculty at various universities expressing my interest. They either get back to me with a negative response, or not at all.

If anyone has any helpful information, or know of any research positions that are available at your hospital, I would be very grateful.

Thank you sincerely.

Just doing research won't help you match. What happened this first time around that you didn't match? Were you just applying to Canadian residencies or were you in the US match?

Your best bet for research would be your medical school. Ideally you should know some faculty there who can help you out. Also, how are you an MD/PhD student who never did research?