MD interested in ophtho

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

halmoni

*neuroticism intensifies*
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an M3 who recently got my step score back today (256) and was wondering what I should do from now on to prepare to apply to ophtho. I never seriously considered competitive specialties until now. I've worked on 3 research projects (no pubs, not ophtho) during my first two years and I'm not quite sure I want to take a year off for research (any suggestions for specialties that don't care much for research would also be great). I go to a T30 and we do have an ophtho department at my school, but it will be one of the last rotations I do. Any sort of insight or advice would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Do whatever you can to get the ophtho elective early......that way you can be sure you want to spend the rest of your life in it!
Show initiative, try to get as involved as possible and make sure EVERYBODY knows how dedicated you are.
Suck it up, kiss ass,
I have been doing eyes for 40 years....can't say i picked the wrong specialty.
HOWEVER YOU NEVER WANT TO BE IN THE WRONG SPECIALTY. That would truly be a tragedy.

Reactions: 1 users