Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just finished my psych clerkship and loved the nature of psychiatry. Loved how much time you get talking to the patients, loved the nature of the interviews, thought everything I saw was very interesting, and I think it fits my personality well.
BUT I'm not too interested in neurology and I know these two can have quite an overlap. Is it possible to be happy as a psychiatrist without having a genuine interest in neurology as well? I tried searching the forums for students with similar conflicts but it seems most students going into psych also have a profound interest in neurology.
BUT I'm not too interested in neurology and I know these two can have quite an overlap. Is it possible to be happy as a psychiatrist without having a genuine interest in neurology as well? I tried searching the forums for students with similar conflicts but it seems most students going into psych also have a profound interest in neurology.
.