Interesting article over vet student personality types.

Started by HopefulAg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thought this was quite interesting!! I am an INFJ.....my intuitive senses are very, very strong, been like that my whole life, as long as I can remember...
 
Thought this was quite interesting!! I am an INFJ.....my intuitive senses are very, very strong, been like that my whole life, as long as I can remember...

Hey, I'm not sure if you realize you're doing it, but you've been consistently pulling year+ old threads up for the last couple days. I don't think this forum has specific rules about thread-necroing, but general forum etiquette is unless you have something new to update the thread with, you kind of leave it alone after 2-3 months.
 
Hey, I'm not sure if you realize you're doing it, but you've been consistently pulling year+ old threads up for the last couple days. I don't think this forum has specific rules about thread-necroing, but general forum etiquette is unless you have something new to update the thread with, you kind of leave it alone after 2-3 months.


Has she really though? The other one about vet suicide was bumped by someone else.

To play devils advocate, maybe someone wants to bump a thread to see if peoples viewpoints are different today. Or maybe they are new and just want to start to ease in the convo. People on here get mad for starting unnecessary threads or already started threads.

Is it really that big of a deal?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has she really though? The other one about vet suicide was bumped by someone else.

To play devils advocate, maybe someone wants to bump a thread to see if peoples viewpoints are different today. Or maybe they are new and just want to start to ease in the convo. People on here get mad for starting unnecessary threads or already started threads.

Is it really that big of a deal?

Agreed. I don't think it's hardly a crime for someone to bump a long dead thread and contribute their opinions on it. For the really old ones, it's actually kind of interesting to see what some of our regulars have said back in the day. Sometimes they're really funny and it brings fuzzy feelings of nostalgia.

If someone bumps a thread that no one will have any interest in saying anything about, you can always roll your eyes in the comfort of your own home and sneer "n00b!" Within a couple days, the thread will wither away from the front page once again. No harm done.

If someone bumps one of those beaten to death contentious threads (e.g. raw meat or really anything diet related, veganism, vet students vs. pre-vet battle threads), feel free to run for cover for the possible zombie apocalypse. Or go get a tub of popcorn, sit back, and enjoy. I don't think it's fair to say that someone isn't allowed to give their 2 cents just because they weren't in the cool kid's club that is SDN when the topic came up. I would much rather them bump up and continue the thread than start the battle anew.

And I think Tigerwillow's right. Things change over time, and there are some threads out there that might spark a nice discussion. And there are threads out there that are definitely worth resurrecting and adding on. Like the "In memory of," "what's your avatar?," and "pet pictures" type threads.
 
I'm not saying it's a mortal sin or anything. 🙂 It's just pretty standard on online forums that thread necroing is frowned upon, and it's easy to search and respond to an old thread without really realizing it. I wasn't sure if Bayarea was doing it without knowing so. I definitely thought she'd bumped a couple recently, but I could be mixing her up with someone else or just crazy... I posted that at like 2-3am.

On the personality topic, here's another thread where people took an online Myers-Briggs. We have lots of INTJs.
 
People also get upset if you start a new thread when things have been discussed in other threads. I'd way rather have an old thread bumped than have to rehash something we've already talked about.
 
I've never read an interesting article about personality types, and I don't ever expect to 😀
And I've got a psychology degree
 
I do revive some old threads from time to time because I think their relevance still applies. Hey, I'm sure I will re-bump the "don't make the same mistakes as me" thread a few more times before I am done!