Interesting article.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ExperiencedDPM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A lot of this article isn't really applicable to podiatry for the following reasons:

1) No school offers to delay graduation for an extra research year (some schools offer a masters degree which translates to just pay us an extra 50k a year)

2) The DPM degree is absolutely useless if you don't finish a residency. With a medical degree you can somehow get a 1 year internship and start a cosmetic/sexual health business at least. Or slap your name onto a product and endorse it.

Reactions: 1 users
A lot of this article isn't really applicable to podiatry for the following reasons:

1) No school offers to delay graduation for an extra research year (some schools offer a masters degree which translates to just pay us an extra 50k a year)

2) The DPM degree is absolutely useless if you don't finish a residency. With a medical degree you can somehow get a 1 year internship and start a cosmetic/sexual health business at least. Or slap your name onto a product and endorse it.
I never stated or implied this article was relevant to podiatry. I simply posted it because I believe that this is an issue that isn’t well publicized.