Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Interesting Case
Started by Noyac
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
WOW!
A milligram of spinal morphine only?
No local?
I'm open to learning new techniques!
But I've never heard of doing a big ortho procedure with primary anesthetic consisting of intrathecal opiod sans local anesthetic.
I'm all ears.
.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yes, very strange!WOW!
A milligram of spinal morphine only?
No local?
I'm open to learning new techniques!
But I've never heard of doing a big ortho procedure with primary anesthetic consisting of intrathecal opiod sans local anesthetic.
I'm all ears.
Arch Guillotti
Senior Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
That is crazy talk.
WOW!
A milligram of spinal morphine only?
A mg of morphine AND 100mcg of spinal fentanyl?
I bet that dude scratched all of his skin off postoperatively. Damn! Probably one big excoriation. That's a cruel anesthetic. I'll bet that hospital had a shortage of nalbuphine, naloxone, and hydroxyzine after that case!
Notice, though, that through all of that he still had a negative Throckmorton's sign.

-copro
iv fentanyl.
it looks like a solid GA: 8mg versed... 😱
maybe it's a typo in the article and should of read 0.1mg spinal morphine, i suspect reviewers from ORTHOPEDICS wouldn't have picked that up 😀
it looks like a solid GA: 8mg versed... 😱
maybe it's a typo in the article and should of read 0.1mg spinal morphine, i suspect reviewers from ORTHOPEDICS wouldn't have picked that up 😀
Cut them some slack guys, they're orthopods. I'm surprised they spelled morfeene right. The boneheads at our place can barely read.
I had an ortho attending ask me last month why I hadn't transfused any FFP; didn't I know his platelet count was 95?
"Yes sir, we're at negative two twitches but I'll give him some more droperidol."
"Fine, that'll really help us out."
I never knew they had journals; I figured they gathered around the fire every few weeks and just grunted at each other.
I had an ortho attending ask me last month why I hadn't transfused any FFP; didn't I know his platelet count was 95?
"Yes sir, we're at negative two twitches but I'll give him some more droperidol."
"Fine, that'll really help us out."
I never knew they had journals; I figured they gathered around the fire every few weeks and just grunted at each other.
Cut them some slack guys, they're orthopods. I'm surprised they spelled morfeene right. The boneheads at our place can barely read.
I had an ortho attending ask me last month why I hadn't transfused any FFP; didn't I know his platelet count was 95?
"Yes sir, we're at negative two twitches but I'll give him some more droperidol."
"Fine, that'll really help us out."
I never knew they had journals; I figured they gathered around the fire every few weeks and just grunted at each other.
UHHHHHH.....
there was a fire in the ortho library last week.....it was a TOTAL LOSS.....
they lost BOTH books....including the coloring-link-the-dots-anatomy-book....😆
DEFINITION OF A DOUBLE BLIND STUDY?.....
2 ORTHOPEDIC SURGEONS LOOKING AT AN EKG....

I had an ortho attending ask me last month why I hadn't transfused any FFP; didn't I know his platelet count was 95?
"Yes sir, we're at negative two twitches but I'll give him some more droperidol."
"Fine, that'll really help us out."
.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Man, I love orthopods...just tell'em something......ANYTHING......and the world is ALL GOOD again...
DEFINITION OF A DOUBLE BLIND STUDY?.....
2 ORTHOPEDIC SURGEONS LOOKING AT AN EKG....![]()
😆 😆
Notice, though, that through all of that he still had a negative Throckmorton's sign.
-copro
Haha. Nice catch. That's the only thing I really remember from my month in Radiology. I also figured out the shortest route to the coffee kiosk since I required 5 cups just to stay awake.
How do you hide a $20 bill from an orthopod? Put in the patient's chart.
How do you hide a $20 bill from a neurosurgeon? Tape it to his kid's forehead.
How do you hide a $20 bill from a plastic surgeon? You can't hide a $20 bill from a plastic surgeon. You just can't.
How do you hide a $20 bill from a neurosurgeon? Tape it to his kid's forehead.
How do you hide a $20 bill from a plastic surgeon? You can't hide a $20 bill from a plastic surgeon. You just can't.
How do you hide a $20 bill from an anesthesiologist? Put it in the room with a crna.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
how can you tell that the physician walking down the or corridor is an orthopod ?
his knuckels are scraping on the ground....
whats the difference between an orthopod and a carpenter?
the carpenter knows the names of two antibiotics...
fasto
his knuckels are scraping on the ground....
whats the difference between an orthopod and a carpenter?
the carpenter knows the names of two antibiotics...
fasto
how can you tell that the physician walking down the or corridor is an orthopod ?
his knuckels are scraping on the ground....
whats the difference between an orthopod and a carpenter?
the carpenter knows the names of two antibiotics...
fasto
You mean there are more than one antibiotics available?
Oh, wait I remember a second one, cefazolin.
You mean there are more than one antibiotics available?
Oh, wait I remember a second one, cefazolin.
Awwww ... that's the one I was thinking of ... what's the other one?
Awwww ... that's the one I was thinking of ... what's the other one?
Ancef, of course.
UHHHHHH.....
there was a fire in the ortho library last week.....it was a TOTAL LOSS.....
they lost BOTH books....including the coloring-link-the-dots-anatomy-book....😆
DEFINITION OF A DOUBLE BLIND STUDY?.....
2 ORTHOPEDIC SURGEONS LOOKING AT AN EKG....![]()
i had an orthopod mention to me two times in 24 hours that an EKG looked like a bunch of squiggly lines to him. I was like...thanks dude, i understand in your field it's cool to be an idiot...I got it. 👍
Ancef, of course.
you guys setting up each other's jokes? wow, the teamwork
Ive delivered that anesthetic before, minus the big dose of midaz. A typical hip would get a bit more IV narc but usually only 0.3mg IT morphine.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 739
- Replies
- 97
- Views
- 8K