Interesting Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
No wonder he required 500 of propofol and 8 of versed and 30 of toradol.

WOW!

A milligram of spinal morphine only?

A mg of morphine AND 100mcg of spinal fentanyl?

I bet that dude scratched all of his skin off postoperatively. Damn! Probably one big excoriation. That's a cruel anesthetic. I'll bet that hospital had a shortage of nalbuphine, naloxone, and hydroxyzine after that case!

Notice, though, that through all of that he still had a negative Throckmorton's sign. :laugh:

-copro

iv fentanyl.
it looks like a solid GA: 8mg versed... :eek:
maybe it's a typo in the article and should of read 0.1mg spinal morphine, i suspect reviewers from ORTHOPEDICS wouldn't have picked that up :D

Cut them some slack guys, they're orthopods. I'm surprised they spelled morfeene right. The boneheads at our place can barely read.

I had an ortho attending ask me last month why I hadn't transfused any FFP; didn't I know his platelet count was 95?

"Yes sir, we're at negative two twitches but I'll give him some more droperidol."

"Fine, that'll really help us out."

I never knew they had journals; I figured they gathered around the fire every few weeks and just grunted at each other.

Cut them some slack guys, they're orthopods. I'm surprised they spelled morfeene right. The boneheads at our place can barely read.

I had an ortho attending ask me last month why I hadn't transfused any FFP; didn't I know his platelet count was 95?

"Yes sir, we're at negative two twitches but I'll give him some more droperidol."

I never knew they had journals; I figured they gathered around the fire every few weeks and just grunted at each other.

UHHHHHH.....

there was a fire in the ortho library last week.....it was a TOTAL LOSS.....

they lost BOTH books....including the coloring-link-the-dots-anatomy-book....:lol:

DEFINITION OF A DOUBLE BLIND STUDY?.....

2 ORTHOPEDIC SURGEONS LOOKING AT AN EKG....:laugh:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Man, I love orthopods...just tell'em something......ANYTHING......and the world is ALL GOOD again...

Notice, though, that through all of that he still had a negative Throckmorton's sign. :laugh:

-copro

Haha. Nice catch. That's the only thing I really remember from my month in Radiology. I also figured out the shortest route to the coffee kiosk since I required 5 cups just to stay awake.

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you hide a $20 bill from an orthopod? Put in the patient's chart.

How do you hide a $20 bill from a neurosurgeon? Tape it to his kid's forehead.

How do you hide a $20 bill from a plastic surgeon? You can't hide a $20 bill from a plastic surgeon. You just can't.

How do you hide a $20 bill from an anesthesiologist? Put it in the room with a crna.

how can you tell that the physician walking down the or corridor is an orthopod ?
his knuckels are scraping on the ground....
whats the difference between an orthopod and a carpenter?
the carpenter knows the names of two antibiotics...
fasto

how can you tell that the physician walking down the or corridor is an orthopod ?
his knuckels are scraping on the ground....
whats the difference between an orthopod and a carpenter?
the carpenter knows the names of two antibiotics...
fasto

You mean there are more than one antibiotics available?

Oh, wait I remember a second one, cefazolin.

You mean there are more than one antibiotics available?

Oh, wait I remember a second one, cefazolin.

Awwww ... that's the one I was thinking of ... what's the other one?

UHHHHHH.....

there was a fire in the ortho library last week.....it was a TOTAL LOSS.....

they lost BOTH books....including the coloring-link-the-dots-anatomy-book....:lol:

DEFINITION OF A DOUBLE BLIND STUDY?.....

2 ORTHOPEDIC SURGEONS LOOKING AT AN EKG....:laugh:

i had an orthopod mention to me two times in 24 hours that an EKG looked like a bunch of squiggly lines to him. I was like...thanks dude, i understand in your field it's cool to be an idiot...I got it. :thumbup:

Ah, ortho jokes.

Q: What is the heart to an orthopedic surgeon.

Ans: The squishy thing that pushes the ancef around.

Ive delivered that anesthetic before, minus the big dose of midaz. A typical hip would get a bit more IV narc but usually only 0.3mg IT morphine.