Interesting courses for Univ. Louisana at Monroe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shroomhead

shroomhead
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!
Are the Kinesiology and Management course really required to apply. These are the two courses that I don't have? Why are these courses require????

Members don't see this ad.

schools that have uncommon pre-reqs will sometimes let you apply without them and then if you're accepted you'll have to complete them while in pharmacy school. check with the school.

I just called them they said no... I have to take those courses then I can apply.. Bummer!!!=P

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys!
Are the Kinesiology and Management course really required to apply. These are the two courses that I don't have? Why are these courses require????

You can also ask them to see if they will accept alternative courses. Not every institution offers kinesiology...I know my undergrad institution didn't.

It's called weeding out the candidates. They want applicants who really want to attend their school and will go the extra step to prove it. They know it's easy for someone to just pay the extra $50 fee, send some transcripts and apply to an extra school just cause.

Fyi - the kinesiology class is a first aid class. i'm thinking you could take that class anywhere. the other kinesiology class (required for fall 2009) is an anatomy class w/ the lab.

thanks guys, I will call them again and ask for equivalence courses. I know that I have taken more then enough courses=) Anybody else running into the same problem?

I considered applying to ULM as an in state student, but realized that I was closer to graduating. So instead of taking their classes I'm going to graduate, then maybe try at their school and other schools. I would apply for Fall 08 but needing Macro and Micro econ class combined, some art/theater class, a business writing class, and a stats class would cause me to be in school longer. And chances are slim for out-of-state students. I know of 10 LSU students who got in and I think they usually take (outside of their school) mostly LSU students then a couple or so from different schools in LA. You can go here for their stats:http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/schoolULMpage.htm

Gosh, It is so hard to get in... I need like 4 more courses... I am going to expend my energy elsewhere=) Thx. Browneyes021 for your advice

Gosh, It is so hard to get in... I need like 4 more courses... I am going to expend my energy elsewhere=) Thx. Browneyes021 for your advice

Don't not apply, there are always ways to get in! Don't give up, you could be one of the individuals that might get in. Are you an in state resident?