Interesting professors

Started by pharm B
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm B

HansomWare
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone meet any strange professors in the new semester yet?

My Microbiology teacher is interesting. He's apparently politically active, so his first day was nothing but soap box lecture. It's weird to hear someone talking about a local issue from a chemical perspective. (Locals are trying to install a petro-burning power plant). He even pushed his public access cable show! :laugh:

Here's hoping we can squeeze in some actual microbiology somewhere.

His opening line: "I am about as popular with this school administration as an inflamed hemorrhoid. And I'm loving it."
 
That does sound really interesting.

I'm just taking a German class because I have nothing else to do. My work hours are maxed, I already volunteer too much, and my wife is busy plugging away for law school admissions crap (They go through so much more than we do, even though they don't have an interview process). My German prof. is as boring as it gets, but she's mostly cute... but yeah... not interesting in the slightest.
 
I had a female professor for a Psychology course on Sexuality. Let's just say she went into many details of her personal life I would rather not have known (TMI to the max)!! great class though, too bad budget cuts forced her out of our university.

The discussion section for this class was quite interesting as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had a female professor for a Psychology course on Sexuality. Let's just say she went into many details of her personal life I would rather not have known (TMI to the max)!! great class though, too bad budget cuts forced her out of our university.

The discussion section for this class was quite interesting as well.

I thought the only thing board of regents do (besides collect huge salaries for nothing) is raise tuition and stuff, not actually remove tenured professors.

So much for job security and the iron curtain of tenure track.
 
That professor actually emailed all of her former students saying goodbye as she would no longer teach at our campus. She said she wasn't a part of the union (none of the professors in the union were affected). I don't know if she was fired directly or no longer given any more courses to teach for the time being , but she is no longer there.
 
Oh, I've also got a straaaaange Economics class. I'm taking it online, but the professor who was supposed to teach it died. So they gave the course to someone else, but she doesn't have her own video lectures. So she used his.

It's kinda creepy. I got a chill up my spine when he said "You guys will be pay off the Iraq War. I won't be around long enough."
 
Oh, I've also got a straaaaange Economics class. I'm taking it online, but the professor who was supposed to teach it died. So they gave the course to someone else, but she doesn't have her own video lectures. So she used his.

It's kinda creepy. I got a chill up my spine when he said "You guys will be pay off the Iraq War. I won't be around long enough."

That is pretty damn creepy.