• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
D

deleted19731

Ok, so while I was riding the pine at today's baseball game I thought of this question.

Is it possible for a DO to match into an OMM fellowship after finishing an ER residency?

I guess they could work there required shift work with this and have a little OMM practice on the side. It seemed like something I might want to do.

Anyways does anybody know?

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin
Visit site
Status
Its likely possibly. ANd probably easy to get.

Q, DO

D

deleted19731

Quinn,

I had a feeling you would be on this one pretty quick.

How is residency treating you?

About the Ads

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2000
www.pcom.edu
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You do not need to complete post graduate training in OMM in order to have a practice "on the side", particularly if you are planning on charging cash for service. You just need to be good in OMM.

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by RPW
Quinn,

I had a feeling you would be on this one pretty quick.

How is residency treating you?
Residency is awesome! Only 3 more months to go and I'll be an EM resident. Scary scary, as I feel I don't know enough, but it will be fun having interns below me to teach (since I am in the first class at our program).

Q, DO

Dr JPH

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 4, 2000
www.pcom.edu
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by QuinnNSU
Residency is awesome! Only 3 more months to go and I'll be an EM resident. Scary scary, as I feel I don't know enough, but it will be fun having interns below me to teach (since I am in the first class at our program).

Q, DO
3 more months until youre a resident? Do you have a 2 year internship?

Confused...

About the Ads