Interfolio AADSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ChuckDAT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had used Interfolio before for their Application. I live with to Pre-meds who just got done applying and said that it worked well for them. Can any Pre-dents who have applied shed some light on this. I am applying in early june and want to make sure everything is in order. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if anyone had used Interfolio before for their Application. I live with to Pre-meds who just got done applying and said that it worked well for them. Can any Pre-dents who have applied shed some light on this. I am applying in early june and want to make sure everything is in order. Thanks!

yes, they are ok. I have to call them a few times to make sure that things are on schedule.
Make sure that your writers sign their name in the Letter.

How can you sign a letter that is sent electronically?

Members don't see this ad :)
How can you sign a letter that is sent electronically?

Just put your name at the end of the letter. Thats what my profs did OR your profs might have a electronic signature somewhere.

Good deal. I think I will give them an envelope to help them out. They are about to write them and send them to interfolio. Since they will be on file with interfolio my next question is this. How long is the transaction between interfolio and AADSAS or is as simple as an electronic transfer? Sorry about the link. I don't want to mess up the timing of the application because of a LOR misunderstanding. :)

Good deal. I think I will give them an envelope to help them out. They are about to write them and send them to interfolio. Since they will be on file with interfolio my next question is this. How long is the transaction between interfolio and AADSAS or is as simple as an electronic transfer? Sorry about the link. I don't want to mess up the timing of the application because of a LOR misunderstanding. :)

No need to send the letter that way. Your writers can send their letters electronically to Interfolio.

Interfolio --> aadsas: can take a few days.

Can someone please explain exactly how interfolio works. Once the teachers uploads the letter to interfolio, do they get sent to AADSAS or do you just skip the LOR portion of AADSAS completely? And do you still need to put your teachers info in AADSAS for LOR?

Can someone please explain exactly how interfolio works. Once the teachers uploads the letter to interfolio, do they get sent to AADSAS or do you just skip the LOR portion of AADSAS completely? And do you still need to put your teachers info in AADSAS for LOR?

When you actually purchase the service, it's pretty self-explanatory. However, I'll do a quick run-down.

1. Via interfolio, you send e-mail requests (or even paper, but that's sort of antiquated) to your recommenders to upload their letters.
2. Your recommenders upload their letters, hopefully before the application process starts.
3. When AADSAS opens, you enter in your recommenders and say that they will be submitting PAPER applications.
4. You print off the LOE matching forms and fill one out yourself for each of your recommenders. They don't require a signature, so this is perfectly acceptable.
5. You scan in the LOE matching forms on your computer and upload them to Interfolio.
6. Select each letter and LOE matching form in your Interfolio account and schedule a delivery to AADSAS. When I did this, it gave me instructions to add my AADSAS ID number to my account, and I did so.
7. Interfolio will send the letters to AADSAS. Since this is an electronic service, they arrive immediately. However, it apparently takes a week or more for AADSAS to actually link the letters to your account.

At this point in the game, there isn't much use in getting Interfolio. It's more so something you would buy prior to the application season so that you could get your letters ahead of time. However, for someone who thinks they may have to reapply, it could be useful to get because Interfolio holds onto your letters. That means that next year, you wouldn't have to track your letter writers down to get them to reupload--you'd just schedule another delivery from Interfolio to AADSAS.

I hope this helps!

When you actually purchase the service, it's pretty self-explanatory. However, I'll do a quick run-down.

1. Via interfolio, you send e-mail requests (or even paper, but that's sort of antiquated) to your recommenders to upload their letters.
2. Your recommenders upload their letters, hopefully before the application process starts.
3. When AADSAS opens, you enter in your recommenders and say that they will be submitting PAPER applications.
4. You print off the LOE matching forms and fill one out yourself for each of your recommenders. They don't require a signature, so this is perfectly acceptable.
5. You scan in the LOE matching forms on your computer and upload them to Interfolio.
6. Select each letter and LOE matching form in your Interfolio account and schedule a delivery to AADSAS. When I did this, it gave me instructions to add my AADSAS ID number to my account, and I did so.
7. Interfolio will send the letters to AADSAS. Since this is an electronic service, they arrive immediately. However, it apparently takes a week or more for AADSAS to actually link the letters to your account.

At this point in the game, there isn't much use in getting Interfolio. It's more so something you would buy prior to the application season so that you could get your letters ahead of time. However, for someone who thinks they may have to reapply, it could be useful to get because Interfolio holds onto your letters. That means that next year, you wouldn't have to track your letter writers down to get them to reupload--you'd just schedule another delivery from Interfolio to AADSAS.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, that was really helpful. Do you really think it's too late for this cycle though? A lot of people won't be taking their DATs until late July/early August and they probably have time to set up interfolio by then.

Thanks, that was really helpful. Do you really think it's too late for this cycle though? A lot of people won't be taking their DATs until late July/early August and they probably have time to set up interfolio by then.

It's not that it's too late to get Interfolio, it's that it's too late for it to be useful.

Upload times are much faster for your recommenders to just submit their letters directly to AADSAS. If you have a delivery sent from Interfolio, it takes about a week (or more) for them to upload. Plus, it costs 6 bucks per delivery. If they just upload straight to AADSAS, it's free, and you shouldn't have as long of a wait time.

On a similar topic, is it okay to send 2 LOEs via Interfolio and 2 LOEs straight through AADSAS?

I have 2 LOEs sitting in Interfolio that I had to get before the cycle opened because I knew that once summer rolled around my profs will not be available (both of them) for me to contact them. The other 2 LOEs are expected from two dentists that I shadowed and I'm pretty sure it's a lot simpler and faster through the AADSAS direct upload service...

I actually was in the same situation as you, I had 2 letters in Interfolio saved before the application opened and 2 others I was still waiting on. Since the application is open, it's much easier to send your writers the link to upload through their email. Or if any of your letter writers are technically challenged (like my dentist!) mailing in the letter directly to AADSAS also works just fine. All of my letters have been received and my app is good to go :)

I actually was in the same situation as you, I had 2 letters in Interfolio saved before the application opened and 2 others I was still waiting on. Since the application is open, it's much easier to send your writers the link to upload through their email. Or if any of your letter writers are technically challenged (like my dentist!) mailing in the letter directly to AADSAS also works just fine. All of my letters have been received and my app is good to go :)

Very nice, thank you:thumbup:

Do you have to print the LOR matching form, write on it, scan it and upload on interfolio?
can't we just type on the pdf file of the LOR matching form, and put your electronic signature, and upload onto interfolio?
This would be a much faster and convenient way but then again, they might have certain rules.
thanks