Interfolio and AAMC ID

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turica

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll,

So I'm trying to gather letters of recommendation/evaluation. I heard that Interfolio can let me do this in an easier way - i.e. I can just collect letters throughout my college life and then send them all to AAMC at once.

But the thing is, on the AAMC website, it says that

• Letter authors must include your AAMC ID and AMCAS Letter ID found on your Letter Request Form when sending letters, regardless of how they are submitting the letter.

And this bullet point is frustrating me because I don't really know what it wants. I am trying to apply for the year 2015 so the AMCAS applications still haven't opened.

This bullet point is making me think that I can't collect letters of recommendation until I start the application.. Is that correct? (Because I don't have a Letter Request Form or any kind of ID + I'm assuming I get those when I start the application?)

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

If you are using Interfolio to manage your letters, you don't have to worry about the AAMC ID and AMCAS Letter ID. Those will be used later when you upload your letters from interfolio onto the AAMC application webpage. So in short, just ask for letters via Interfolio and have your professors send it to Interfolio.

To add to this...
Once your letters are in Interfolio, you can assign AAMC ID and letter ID to letters right before you sent them to AAMC.
Hope that helps.

Sent from my phone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also have a question. My school does committee letter, so I was wonder if interfolio splits it up or keeps it as a packet?

thanks

Thanks sooooooooooo much!! You have no idea how much stress you just cleared up for me. Thanks!