Interfolio to AAMC LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaybird

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If i have interfolio send my letters to AAMC do i still have to fill out the Letters of Evaluation portion on the AAMC page?

Members don't see this ad.

If i have interfolio send my letters to AAMC do i still have to fill out the Letters of Evaluation portion on the AAMC page?

Yes, you still need to fill out that section of AMCAS. I didn't use interfolio, but I believe you then need to then upload the AMCAS Letter Request(s) to interfolio and have them send it to AMCAS with the letter(s).

So if you have 5 LORs, then would you send the 5 requests and the 5 letters all in one package? That sounds most logical to me, but i'm just checking with anyone who might be familiar with this.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if you have 5 LORs, then would you send the 5 requests and the 5 letters all in one package? That sounds most logical to me, but i'm just checking with anyone who might be familiar with this.

You can send them with 5 requests, IF you want to keep them all separate and designate different letters to different schools.

If the same 5 letters are going to all your schools, then you can just use one request, and the entire packet will be made available to schools.

But isn't each request form specific for one "author"?

But isn't each request form specific for one "author"?

Well, there is an option to send them as a letter packet.

But yeah, it does make more sense to me to use a request for each one.

What is the best way to submit LOR for med apps, I am applying to a ton (about 40 med schools) and am wondering about this. I had a nightmare about xeroxing each letter forty times and getting papercuts mailing them out.

I know it cant be as juvenile as that but really, what IS the best way to send them if I only have one copy of each?

Thanks in advance all.

What is the best way to submit LOR for med apps, I am applying to a ton (about 40 med schools) and am wondering about this. I had a nightmare about xeroxing each letter forty times and getting papercuts mailing them out.

I know it cant be as juvenile as that but really, what IS the best way to send them if I only have one copy of each?

Thanks in advance all.

To begin with, none of your LORs should be in your possession. A third party needs to hold them and send them, because medical schools want to be sure that the letters are confidential and that you've never seen them. So you shouldn't have to worry about personally xeroxing them.

If your school doesn't have a service that sends out letters, you can use interfolio, which sends them out for you.

Sorry, i'm still confused.

What if my letters were already at Interfolio prior to doing the AMCAS stuff.

Aren't we filling out the AMCAS forms and having those submitted to Interfolio so we can then 'deliver' those AMCAS specific forms to the letter writers..who will then return those back to Interfolio to then be delivered to AMCAS?

What if I already had my letters submitted and they aren't on AMCAS LOR forms?

Thanks.

:confused:

Sorry, i'm still confused.

What if my letters were already at Interfolio prior to doing the AMCAS stuff.

Aren't we filling out the AMCAS forms and having those submitted to Interfolio so we can then 'deliver' those AMCAS specific forms to the letter writers..who will then return those back to Interfolio to then be delivered to AMCAS?

What if I already had my letters submitted and they aren't on AMCAS LOR forms?

Thanks.

:confused:

Fill out the AMCAS letter section, and get the specific letter ID number. Log onto Interfolio, set up a new delivery to AMCAS, and then input the letter ID for each individual letter you're sending them. Then click send and you're set!

I'm a little confused on this, too. Is this only for the schools on AMCAS that accept LOR? What about the others?

I'm a little confused on this, too. Is this only for the schools on AMCAS that accept LOR? What about the others?

yea you only need to send letters to AMCAS if you're applying to one of the schools that accepts LOR through AMCAS.

for all other schools you can send them through interfolio directly to the school, or have your recommender send it directly.