interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ak47

flossy flossy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are people using it and is it really necessary? What are the advantages/disadvantages? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Are people using it and is it really necessary? What are the advantages/disadvantages? Thanks!

I HAD to use it. My school required that I have an account and would not give me a cover letter until I had interfolio bundle everything together. It was the most painful process of my entire application. I asked my professors for LOR early on in the semester. Once they wrote them THEY were required to create an account, upload the file on their account, make sure it was attached to my account, and create an electronic signiture (All things that professors LOVE to do during a busy semester.) 2 of my 3 professors that sent in letters had problems with the service, which did not notify me of the failure for one LOR to be processed. After FINALLY getting everything together it was sent to AADSAS and TMDSAS in August. My profs begged me to be able to just send it to the schools themselves, or even hand them to met to send out because interfolio was so hard to deal with.

What is interfolio?:oops: Is it the way you submit your LORs electronically to AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
What is interfolio?:oops: Is it the way you submit your LORs electronically to AADSAS?

Its a 3rd party company that packages your letters to be delivered to AADSAS. The people who write LORs for you can submit them to Interfolio either electronically or send them in *on official letter head (important) and then create an electronic signature. Once (if) the letters are received they will ship them from their center to AADSAS (a whole 2 blocks if you look at a map.) It costs money to open an account, and deletes you LORs if you do not reactivate it each year.

Just have your letters sent directly and electronically through AADSAS.

Just have your letters sent directly and electronically through AADSAS.

okay thanks guys. that is what i thought but people have been asking (LOR writers, people applying to med school, etc) if i'm using interfolio. this just saved me major bank thanks!

Interfolio is easy. I use it and still have an active account open with all of my LORs still there. You can print out a request form for your writers and they just send it in with their letter. It costs about 5 bucks per school to send.

I'm applying again, and I won't need to request another letter from my dentist or professor.

i'm using interfolio, no, it's not necessary.

it seems efficient and easy on the writer (they only need to send one letter to one address, and don't have to wait for matching form to send).

unless you're only applying to a few schools, it's not much more expensive. you can have interfolio send all of your letters/matching forms to AADSAS in one bundle (=$5).

the electronic letter submission seems like it could pose some problems (electronic signatures and whatnot), but as with electronic AADSAS letter submission, it's not necessary.

also, worst case scenario, you don't get in this cycle, interfolio saves your letters and you won't have to bother your writers again when you apply in the future.