Interim Summer Plans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Interim Summer Plans

• At home watching Richard Simmons, Oprah, and Judge Judy reruns

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Traveling for Fun

Votes: 43 42.6%
  • Medically-related Travel

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Research at future Med School

Votes: 12 11.9%
  • Research at NIH

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Working my butt off to pay those future student loans

Votes: 29 28.7%
  • Taking classes

Votes: 9 8.9%
  • Others

Votes: 16 15.8%

• Total voters

med21

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is everyone doing before entering medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not in yet, but if i get in next year or the year after *crossing fingers* I think I'll travel to Europe (if next year) or Beijing (if the year after that). Either way, I am travelling for sure next year.

Thanks for the response guys. I've always wanted to figure out what people do during the summer!

Members don't see this ad :)
The school I'm hoping to attend has a summer anatomy program, so I'll be doing that. It frees up first semester for vacation or travel and I will be using half of the semester for electives + research and the other half for travel to South America to do medically related volunteer work (with funding through the school).

Working to actually have money to spend when im at college next semester. I buy a lot of crap.

Originally I was going to work at a job that had nothing to do with science or medicine and spend some time with some hobbies and enjoy being able to go out. After second look day, I *might* get into some research or at least maybe do some shadowing. We shall see...oh, and appartment hunting...and get stuff for said appartment. I need to do that, too!

I'll be working until mid June and then spending the next 6 weeks moving into my new house and getting adjusted. (And hopefully selling our current house somewhere in there.)

Well, it's a long summer, so I plan on doing option 1 (although not those shows), option 2 (but not overseas which makes me sad), and option 6 (but it will be a fun job). Also reading for pleasure which I never get to do during the school year and possibly apt hunting/looking for roomates.

Researching in my lab from undergrad and teaching for Kaplan in an effort to not be in as much debt in four years

Buying a sublet from friends in Ann Arbor and working in a research lab...

/doesnt go to UM,
//avoid albion college at all costs.

wakeboard tournaments / emt work

Working through most of July, getting my revisions sent back to JCN whenever I get this gd western blot to work (sometime this month), training my replacement technician to mercilessly behead baby chickens properly, several Nauset Beach weekends, and some extended hiking with the girlfriend in Vermont.