Interior Painting- Houses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2thDoc11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to start helping my sister out with her painting business on the weekends. She works on a variety of homes all sorts of shapes and sizes and some being quite nice lake front properties. Just wondering if I should update my dental application and note this as an extracurricular experience? I know it may not be the same as painting art but would it be worth putting down? If so, when would a good time to add it be? I'm starting this weekend and it'll be quite a few hours at a time. Also when is a good time to update? I know it is still relatively early in the cycle but I don't want to wait to long if it could be a valuable to my application.

Members don't see this ad.

I would wait until you have around 50hrs or some because you can't include future hours. 50hrs is a good amount of time and you can include that its an ongoing experience so schools will know you are still getting more time. It is definitely something worth putting down but it won't really matter if it's added this week or early October; this experience is a good talking point in an interview but not much more so it's not going to make or break you. GL

Reactions: 1 user
If you are just painting walls in a house like your average joe does,then no I would not list it. If you are painting artistic elements and various landscapes on the walls, then yes.

Reactions: 1 user