Intern and Owner

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by Vandalia, Sep 19, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Vandalia

Vandalia 2+ Year Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Sorry to barge in, but I wanted to see if this situation is as strange as it sounds. From a local news report:

http://www.statejournal.com/story/2...aling-money-laundering-at-federal-arraignment

It would seem to me that there is a definite "chain of command" issue here. The licensed pharmacist is supposed to supervise the pharmacy intern ....who has the right to fire the pharmacist... Has anyone ever heard of a situation like this?

(I have no connection with this place - I live two states away. I just happened to read this story in the paper while visiting my parents.)

-------------

According to another report, this operation is responsible for 328,000 "missing" oxycodone tablets.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. zelman

zelman 7+ Year Member

Nov 27, 2009
    I knew a pharmacist whose parents died while he was in pharmacy school. He took the life insurance money and bought the independent pharmacy where he worked. It's a rarity, but can happen.