Intern License

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhoaTasneem

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know this may be too soon for me to be thinking about, but when do you start applying for your intern license? I’m will be starting my first year of pharmacy school in august and I am anxious do begin the process. I remember when the interns I work with now applied. It took up to three moths for then to receive the license.

Members don't see this ad.

I know USC starts paperwork during the mandatory 1 week Pharm School preview. I've heard most schools walk you through the paperwork. I'd check state board of pharmacy to find the requirements beforehand in case you need anything out of the ordinary, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about it until then. The exception being if the board of pharmacy for the state you're looking at doesn't require the school to fill out part of the application. (If I remember right you'll be in Cali which means you'd pretty much have to wait til school starts anyway.)

Yeah in orientation week you guys will do all that stuff and more. Don't even worry about it right now. We get ours pretty fast, at least within a couple weeks if not sooner.