Intern pay rate in Northern VA/DC area?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Wan2BPharmD

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

So I've heard wonder stories from at least three people of interns at their store making really decent pay ($20/hr). Anyone know if this kind of pay is for real? I'm guessing these guys worked their way up to this pay, but the pay I was offered seems like it won't reach that high even after 4 years.

Anyone have any insight on starting pay for interns at any chain in the area? I'm just trying to figure out if I should stay where I am or if there is incentive to go elsewhere.
 
Hey all,

So I've heard wonder stories from at least three people of interns at their store making really decent pay ($20/hr). Anyone know if this kind of pay is for real? I'm guessing these guys worked their way up to this pay, but the pay I was offered seems like it won't reach that high even after 4 years.

Anyone have any insight on starting pay for interns at any chain in the area? I'm just trying to figure out if I should stay where I am or if there is incentive to go elsewhere.

I work for a big chain in this area. Intern pay is $11.75 for a P1 and it goes up by a dollar per year. I would love to know where I can make $20/hr
 
I have recently heard Costco pays well, but I have not confirmed it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I work with CVS/pharmacy upper management in the Northern VA area.
If you are interested in a career as an intern (or possibly pharmacist)

Please feel free to PM me and I will be able to assist you with acquiring
a job.
 
I work for a big chain in this area. Intern pay is $11.75 for a P1 and it goes up by a dollar per year. I would love to know where I can make $20/hr

Move to washington/oregon area, I remember reading a thread on here and P1s were starting at 18-20/hr and most retailers and some hospitals were paying 22-25/hr to P1s.