Intern wanted- NY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RX2090

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Aka

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
What is the pay rate?

Members don't see this ad :)
If I am a really good boy will you send me some values in action points that I can cash in for a set of sparkly pencils??

Hello everyone, I'm the pharmacy manager of a busy A CVS store in queens NY. I'm Looking for one 3rd-4th year pharmacy intern to work for me. You will be taught you what you need to know in order to run a pharmacy. If you are good, you will be at the top of your class when you graduate and will be virtually guaranteed a job. I will teach you what you need to know, mentor you and be a very reasonable and accommodating boss. I need ONE person however, and with the way the market is I'm looking for this individual to be as close to perfect as possible. I need someone who will come to work on time, work during the school year, take initiative and own all of our patient care programs. You will be taught everything you could possibly want to know, but nothing will be spoonfed to you. This also applies to current interns in other chains. If you think you are a good intern and you don't like the way your company/boss is treating you, message me and we will go from there. You are pretty much guaranteed a job when you become a pharmacist if you work under me, because I will ensure you have the tools necessary to do well.

Message me if interested with a little bit about yourself, work experience and contact info.

Thanks!

Are you hiring pharmacists also? Please let me know, I am interested!

Whenever people bad mouth CVS, I can't help but wonder if it's because of bad experiences with PIC's in the past. I know I've had a couple of unfavorable ones. The PIC makes or breaks the work environment you operate in. CVS as a company doesn't aim to make your life bad as an employee. To the contrary, they make it much easier, you just need a leader in place that can enable that.

If anyone is interested, message me.

I had an IPPE at CVS that was beyond HELL.

Yes you need a strong leader like Stalin in order to run CVS like how the corp wants it.

Reactions: 2 users
Honestly, yeah my experiences as an intern at CVS were good when I had a PIC I liked (older dude who's been working for 30+ years, usually pretty chill but strict when needs to be, didn't give a **** about CVS metrics). Then he got moved to a different store because our metrics were no good, we flat out never did the auto refills or refill reminder calls or FlavorRx or any of that ****.

Then it got ****ty when I had a PIC I didn't like (younger chick they brought in to replace him, she was going through a divorce and always brought the negative bitchy mood in with her to work, and she enforced the rules like crazy (especially dress code) and forced me and the other intern to make sure the metric tasks were always done and made us clean and face the shelves at least once a month to pull expireds, and if it wasn't done we had to clock out to do it.)

I met the district pharmacy supervisor and he was a typical middle management tool so I decided to leave CVS since he'd probably be my future boss.

I had an APPE at CVS but I got a really chill preceptor who pretty much had me do doctor calls all day and once they were done, I went home.

The PIC makes or breaks the work environment you operate in. CVS as a company doesn't aim to make your life bad as an employee. To the contrary, they make it much easier, you just need a leader in place that can enable that.

Agree. PIC I deal with now is bad. Cant maintain a staff. Only cares about #'s due to his bonus. Doesn't do anything extra when we are short handed.

CVS expects their PICs to be a corp tool. Many of them would trade in their soul for an extra 10 k bonus.

If you messed up and got in trouble with the board of pharmacy? CVS will leave you to dry. You are just a tool.