Intern year and residency.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DannMann99

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a 3rd year DO student and i'm leaning toward pm&r and neuro, both of them are 4 years, the first year being an intern year...

I'm wondering how I go about applying. Do I apply directly to those programs, or do I apply to a traditional intern year then next year apply?

Any help is appreciated.


As far as PM&R goes,
What kind of chances am I looking at. I'm a DO student, only took comlex and scored 496... I have no publications/research, and minimal extracurricular experience in medical school.

Wondering what kind of competition I'd be up against, I'm trying to stay in the northeast from NY to maryland... There is only 1 DO program in that area so i'd be applying pretty strictly MD...

Thanks again!