internal med

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jeesapeesa

anesthesiologist southern california
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you have to do internship before the 3-year internal medicine residency or is it included in these years? i was reading the FAQ about IM and it doesn't mention this, although i would not be surprised.

thanks,
jeesa

Members don't see this ad.

Internship is considered a part of the 3 year IM residency:)

I've just finished fellowship and now am now applying for priviledges at different hospitals. They ask for a copy of my med school diploma and intern and residency certificates. I just give them a copy of my int med residency certificate and tell them that it includes the year of my internship and there is no separate intern certificate. They say ok and then a few weeks later somebody else will get back to me and say my file isn't complete and my intern certificate is missing.

I've just finished fellowship and now am now applying for priviledges at different hospitals. They ask for a copy of my med school diploma and intern and residency certificates. I just give them a copy of my int med residency certificate and tell them that it includes the year of my internship and there is no separate intern certificate. They say ok and then a few weeks later somebody else will get back to me and say my file isn't complete and my intern certificate is missing.
Obviously someone at these hospitals you are applying to is quite confused. Afterall, you did three years of IM + fellowship in the US, right?