Internal Medicine Shelf-Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surfdevl02

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this has probably been asked before but what are some good books to use to study for the Medicine shelf exam?? I tried reading First Aid for Medicine and didn't think it was that great so i stopped. Tried Cecil's but that is too long...Now i'm reading Boards and Wards Step 2 and 3 by Ayala and love the book, i'm just afraid that it isn't detailed enough for the shelf. I also have the MKSAP question book, haven't done any of the questions yet, but everyone seems to swear by that book. Also, is there any Kaplan question book for the shelf? Utterly confused, too tired to study too much and just waiting for vacation...

Members don't see this ad.

surfdevl02 said:
Hey guys, this has probably been asked before but what are some good books to use to study for the Medicine shelf exam?? I tried reading First Aid for Medicine and didn't think it was that great so i stopped. Tried Cecil's but that is too long...Now i'm reading Boards and Wards Step 2 and 3 by Ayala and love the book, i'm just afraid that it isn't detailed enough for the shelf. I also have the MKSAP question book, haven't done any of the questions yet, but everyone seems to swear by that book. Also, is there any Kaplan question book for the shelf? Utterly confused, too tired to study too much and just waiting for vacation...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=198241