International Applicant Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medicaldoctor041815

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are these the only DO schools out there that accept international students: International Students - Choose DO Does anyone know if NYIT accepts applications from internationals? I am an international, but I am completing my undergrad at a US accredited institution.

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend you contacting the schools themselves. I applied for the 2019-2020 cycle, and I know Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine does not take international students. They initially said yes over the phone but once I emailed them they said they don't really take international students.
These are the ones that considered applications from International students during the previous cycle:

Midwestern University– Both campuses in Chicago and Arizona
Touro- NY only
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine - MU-COM
Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM)
Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSUcom)
University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNECOM)
Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine - RowanSOM
Lincoln Memorial University-DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM
William Carey University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

Last time I checked, the one in Texas doesn't accept International students. Again, I highly recommend you calling them before paying the application fee. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Are these the only DO schools out there that accept international students: International Students - Choose DO Does anyone know if NYIT accepts applications from internationals? I am an international, but I am completing my undergrad at a US accredited institution.

NYITCOM doesn't accept internationals, unfortunately. :( I agree with @Oorham's advice about contacting schools directly, because sometimes it's not clear on the website OR their policies change (like VCOM, who I believe once accepted a limited number of internationals but doesn't anymore).

Reactions: 1 user