International Dental Bench Test Prep 2018 / How to practice at home

Started by Junnio
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Junnio

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Guys,

I wanted to start this thread to gain better understanding about how to practice for the Bench test. What tools are required? Where can we buy them? any other material that anyone would like to share on this thread would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

-Junnio
 
My advise would be to concentrate on the theory first. People concentrate on compressors and burs, but during the bench test make totally wrong preps
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which book or source is recommended for the theory. I have studied from Sturdevant operative dentistry during BDS. Is that good for bench test preparation too?
 
Thank you so much @oralcare123 for your reply. I have done a lot of cavity preparations for amalgam but crown preparations was never taught in my school. Really worried about how to prepare for that. Any suggestions?
 
Thank you so much @oralcare123 for your reply. I have done a lot of cavity preparations for amalgam but crown preparations was never taught in my school. Really worried about how to prepare for that. Any suggestions?
Operative Dentistry or Prosthodontics textbook is a good resource, as well as videos and other web files