International dentist - Looking for some dental program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hemagomathy

Preparing for WREB
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I want to practise dentistry in the state of Ohio, that said I want to do AEGD/GPR/DPH. I do have a BDS from India. I graduated in 2009 and I was a dentist till 2013 and again for sometime in 2018, besides I have been volunteering as a dental assistant in the US.
Currently I am pursuing my MPH in Case Western Reserve. I am graduating in 2019. Also, I have 102 in TOEFL and also NBDE 1 and 2, Please let me know.
Any help would be valuable
 
Hi,
I want to practise dentistry in the state of Ohio, that said I want to do AEGD/GPR/DPH. I do have a BDS from India. I graduated in 2009 and I was a dentist till 2013 and again for sometime in 2018, besides I have been volunteering as a dental assistant in the US.
Currently I am pursuing my MPH in Case Western Reserve. I am graduating in 2019. Also, I have 102 in TOEFL and also NBDE 1 and 2, Please let me know.
Any help would be valuable
Hi there,
I did call Ohio dental boards for the same. They said you need DDS/DMD or residency in order to get licensure. I live in Ohio as well. I am already a graduate of MPH. But its all confusing. Let me know if you get a better answer.
 
Hello all, i am a foreigm trained dentist with nbde 1 and 2 as well. I was not accepted before into a program and would like to know if pursuing an mph will help me enough for acceptance?
 
Hello all, i am a foreigm trained dentist with nbde 1 and 2 as well. I was not accepted before into a program and would like to know if pursuing an mph will help me enough for acceptance?
Each candidate is different. Will an MPH help, yes! Will it guarantee acceptance? I doubt it. I had done my mph, but universities need to see you getting shadowing experience, volunteering, conferences, and research. You need to engaged on every front not just dentistry. If you read every program, they specifically said we look at candidates holistically. Which means keep showing you are learning more on denstistry and other things too.
 
Last edited: