International Medical Internships in the Middle East

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rocketbooster

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The title pretty much explains what I'm looking for. I am looking for one preferably for Fall 2009 and/or Spring 2010. I could start it in the summer if necessary. I would prefer one that offers a stipend because I don't have the money to pay for housing haha.

I want it to be in the Middle East so I can also work on my Arabic skills. If I find one in the Middle East, I could maybe convince my parents to pay for the housing.

I've been searching for hours and have come up short. There just aren't many internships or international volunteering opportunities for medical careers unless you're already a medical professional. The ones that I have found are always in Latin America or India, which are places I am not interested in.

Does anyone know of any or where to look for some? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe try contacting the Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar and see if they have any opportunities available?

I can't think of any specific programs, but you could make your own ad-hoc program. In Israel there are several medical schools and research institutes where you could do basic or clinical research and there are also many places where you could simultaneously study arabic. Among the medical/scientific community of Israel English is the language spoken/written/published in, so you dont "need" language skils to do your paid job. You could try contacting professors and getting positions as a paid research assistant.

These universities/medical schools also have some summer research programs that include a stipend, and while you are not researching you could once again find somewhere to study arabic. There are many parts of israel where you could immerse yourself in arabic speaking if that's something you would like to do to help learn the language.
-Roy