Quit my job in the middle of secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
So I quit my job last week but still have to write secondaries indicating my plans for this upcoming academic year :/ And frankly, I don't know yet.

I really liked the job I left and was learning a lot about healthcare systems, but the culture over the last 6 months was so toxic. I was working 12-15 hours a day and felt limited room to grow, so after they made me work until 3am even though I told them about a death in the family that day, I hit my breaking point. I'm trying to figure out how to position me quitting in my essays without sounding like I'm complaining about the company.

Also as for this upcoming year, I have no idea yet. The job market is really horrible, and I don't want to promise them that I'll find opportunities for leadership and more growth, when I'm not sure I will yet. I also will continue my volunteering, but don't want that to be the only thing. I also might travel, or am thinking of doing something completely random like starting a business or just working as a bartender.

Any advice on how to address me quitting and then what I'll be doing this upcoming year when I have no idea is greatly appreciate. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

So I quit my job last week but still have to write secondaries indicating my plans for this upcoming academic year :/ And frankly, I don't know yet.

I really liked the job I left and was learning a lot about healthcare systems, but the culture over the last 6 months was so toxic. I was working 12-15 hours a day and felt limited room to grow, so after they made me work until 3am even though I told them about a death in the family that day, I hit my breaking point. I'm trying to figure out how to position me quitting in my essays without sounding like I'm complaining about the company.

Also as for this upcoming year, I have no idea yet. The job market is really horrible, and I don't want to promise them that I'll find opportunities for leadership and more growth, when I'm not sure I will yet. I also will continue my volunteering, but don't want that to be the only thing. I also might travel, or am thinking of doing something completely random like starting a business or just working as a bartender.

Any advice on how to address me quitting and then what I'll be doing this upcoming year when I have no idea is greatly appreciate. Thank you!
Now you have lots of time to get your secondaries done so that's your mission!

If any of the ones you haven't written yet ask about what you're doing, say you are looking for a job. No other explanations needed.

Reactions: 1 users