International Pharmacist Working in USA Want to Move to Canada

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uspharmacist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Hi. I am a Pharmacist , currently practicing in Minneapolis, USA. Due to Family reasons, I am planning to shift to Canada, and take up a Job as a Retail Pharmacist with any Retail Chain Pharmacy in Canada.I have a total job exp of abt 3 yrs.

I am an international Pharmacist, completeing my Bachelors study from India, and then completed all qualifying exams(FPGEE, NAPLEX,MPJE for US States) to practice in USA.
I would like to know :
1. With my current qualification and experience, am I eligible to take up a Pharmacist Position in your organization ?
2. Do I need to clear certain examinations specific to Canada to become eligible ? If yes, then what are the steps to help me become eligible to work in Canada ?
3. Will my present qualification and Work Experience in USA give me some advantage over a fresh International Pharmacist applying directly to Canada ?

Looking to hear back from experts !! Plz help me out here !

Members don't see this ad.

1. With my current qualification and experience, am I eligible to take up a Pharmacist Position in your organization ?
2. Do I need to clear certain examinations specific to Canada to become eligible ? If yes, then what are the steps to help me become eligible to work in Canada ?
3. Will my present qualification and Work Experience in USA give me some advantage over a fresh International Pharmacist applying directly to Canada ?

Looking to hear back from experts !! Plz help me out here !

Heres a brief breakdown of the registration process for international grads:

1. Register with the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
2. Register with the College of Pharmacists of the province you with to
practice in
3. Complete the jurisprudence examination.
4. Complete the English Language Fluency requirements.
5. Complete the Internship Program
6. Complete the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada qualifying exam

For a more detailed description, you should visit the College of Pharmacists' website for your province of interest.