International premed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoveMedicine

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did my pre-med in high school and then did my bachelors from States. Do I need to repeat the my premed.

Members don't see this ad.

yes u do. the best thing to do would be to do a post- baccalaureate program.good luck.

as an international student that did pre-reqs in a foreign country, i should know but i am don't fully understand when you say you did your pre-reqs in high school. do you mean that you took the college courses in high school? If so, you don't have to take them again, just evaluated. I am using World Education Services (WES) www.wes.org. They send the evaluation to AACOMAS when you are applying. However, if you took the prereqs in college, you DON"T have to take them again. To confirm, call the school or AACOMAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
sorry, to add to my last post, if you took the classes in a US accredited college, you don't have to take them again OR evaluated.

i know the pre-med in india in high school DOES NOT count as college (even though it is as hard as US college pre-med)!you can try AACOMAS or WES, but this is what you will find out!you would have to re-do your science course work in US.good luck!

This answers my question. If Pre-med from high school in India is not accepted then mine wont be accepted either.
I am taking my pre-med again from a community college.
Thanks-

This is what I know for a fact.... the simple reason why these classes will not be accepted is because they are not college classes but high school pre-med classes. If you had taken these classes in college in India, all you have to do is get your college transcript evaluated. This is what I am doing. I took a few of my pre-reqs in Nigeria and to avoid taken them over again, I am getting them evaluated by WES. This is what the AACOMAS website says to do. So now all my school is waiting for now is just the evaluation from WES. So yes, take them again cause they are HIGH SCHOOL classes but not because they are college classes.