This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ramin_km

Reaction score
Hi
I am a foreign_trained dentist. I am also permanant resident of the United States.
I passed NBDE part 1 before. Now I want to take NBDE part 2. When I was applying for the test I found out that there is an international processing fee for dentists graduated from non_ accredited universities. I don't understand why l should pay more for the exact same test? And what doese even international processing fee mean?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi
I am a foreign_trained dentist. I am also permanant resident of the United States.
I passed NBDE part 1 before. Now I want to take NBDE part 2. When I was applying for the test I found out that there is an international processing fee for dentists graduated from non_ accredited universities. I don't understand why l should pay more for the exact same test? And what doese even international processing fee mean?
Is just a way for them to squeeze a little more money from you. Lol

Reactions: 1 user
Hi
If you don't understand - ask.
Verification of your eligibility to take this exam requires more work. Every service has a fee - this is what you are paying for.
I recommend to get used to that, there will be many many more seemingly ridiculous fees and charges on your way to becoming licensed in the USA. In turn, soon you will be able to charge a small fortune for your services

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't understand - ask.
Verification of your eligibility to take this exam requires more work. Every service has a fee - this is what you are paying for.
I recommend to get used to that, there will be many many more seemingly ridiculous fees and charges on your way to becoming licensed in the USA. In turn, soon you will be able to charge a small fortune for your services
I don't understand how verification of my eligibility requires more work! I passed part 1 and now I am eligible to take part2. I did ask and this was the answer:
All candidates that have graduated from an international school will have to pay the international fee for each application.
VERY CONVINCING!

I don't understand how verification of my eligibility requires more work! I passed part 1 and now I am eligible to take part2. I did ask and this was the answer:
All candidates that have graduated from an international school will have to pay the international fee for each application.
VERY CONVINCING!
It’s just like the out of state fees, I never understood that also. We all live in the same country, BUT if you go to another state they’ll charge you like twice or three times more. Doesn’t make any sense. In the end there’s not much we can do but to complain to each other, I already accepted this things. 🤷‍♂️
Good point you made on why they charge the international fee for the second part of the exam.

VERY CONVINCING!
The fact that you passed Part 1 doesn't make you eligible to take Part 2. Your eligibility has to be verified

It’s just like the out of state fees, I never understood that also. We all live in the same country, BUT if you go to another state they’ll charge you like twice or three times more. Doesn’t make any sense. In the end there’s not much we can do but to complain to each other, I already accepted this things. 🤷‍♂️
Good point you made on why they charge the international fee for the second part of the exam.
Residents of the state pay taxes to that state and eligible to pay lower tuition as a result. Very easy