International student elective at Mayo clinic?

Started by addyobgyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

addyobgyn

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an international student looking to do an elective next summer at the US, have a no of hospitals/med schools in mind, but am most interested in the Mayo clinics!

I looked up their website and they require USMLE Step 1 as part of the application~ but I've also heard people say that it's possible to waive this requirement if you've passed equivalent exams at your home medical school?

Has anyone rotated to Mayo Clinics for an elective before? Any experience to share? Thanks!!!
 
Yeah is there anybody who's been to Mayo for their international electives? I'm also looking for info.

Cheers🙂
 
See solojourney.org/mount-sinai-school-of-medicine-of-the-city-university-of-new-york /#respond
 
Last edited: