Quantcast

International Student Here

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clyde91

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi everyone,

I an international student(not Canadian) graduated from State US University (GPA 3.93 both for science and cumulative) with double major in Biomedical Sciences and Psychology.

I just received my MCAT score which is: Total 507 ( P/C 130, Cars 123, B/B 126, P/S 128). I also took GRE last summer and got 80% in verbal.

I have great LORS+Committee Letter. I have more than a year of direct healthcare experience (shadowing, volunteering, internship, paid).

I participated in 2 research labs on campus(no publications though) .Ready to submit my AMCAS tomorrow and apply broadly.

My question is there are any real chance of getting interviews with my statistics, specifically low CARS?
Thanks for your input :)

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Buy MSAR.
Filter for the 62 schools that consider internationals.
Eliminate those that accepted 3 or less.
Eliminate mission based schools.
Find the schools with a median around 30.
Bring us the list and we'll be happy to edit.

Reactions: 1 user

clyde91

Reaction score
Buy MSAR.
Filter for the 62 schools that consider internationals.
Eliminate those that accepted 3 or less.
Eliminate mission based schools.
Find the schools with a median around 30.
Bring us the list and we'll be happy to edit.
Thank you GynGyn, sounds like a goal-orientated plan. Will do and post tomorrow. Just one question regarding mission schools, why do you suggest to eliminate them (due to residency requirement like us citizen?) or like Loma Linda?

clyde91

Reaction score
Here is my list of schools that I came up based on the above-mentioned criteria. Any reasonable input are very welcomed! Thanks.

1. Rosy Franklin

2. George Washington University

3. Georgetown University

4. Howard University

5. Loma Linda (I don’t mind their religious focus)

6. New York Medical College

7. St Luis University

8. Sidney Kimmel

9. SUNY Upstate

10. Stony Brook University

11. Tulane University

12.University of Kentucky

13.University of New Mexico (2 international accepted)

14.University of North Carolina( 2 international accepted)

15.University of Utah

16.University of Virginia

17.West Virginia University (2 international accepted)

18.Pennsylvania State University (1 international accepted)

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
With regard to Loma Linda, it's not so much that you don't mind their mission, you need to embrace the mission. They have a long history of sniffing out the ones who are merely tolerant of the faith-based rules.
Howard is a mission based school as well. Do you have a validated commitment to serve the African American community?
I cannot recommend an application to the schools with one or two internationals. They are likely to have been inside candidates.
U of VA's 10th% MCAT is a 31.

clyde91

Reaction score
Thank you for reply!
In regards to your comments, I will think twice before applying to Loma Linda( although I am same religion, I do not particularly that active in embracing it). With Howard, I am not sure if that is valid reason or not but I gained most of my direct healthcare experience working with underserved African American population. Once again, I appreciate your contribution!