International student in PharmD program

Started by edke
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

edke

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know which retail pharmacies sponsor international students with pharmd? I found out that walgreens do, but is there any other stores?
 
Hi! I am going to enter a pharmacy school this year and was wondering whether I could work/be an intern as a pharm tech around my school as a first year. Is there a specific process I need to follow? I have heard something about IPPE but I am not sure if that would be the right one. I already have PTCB but I don't know that would help. Any advice is appreciated!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi folks,

I am going to apply to a three year Pharmacy school next fall. Do you guys know of any prejudice which exists against these schools, coz I heard from a prof that employers tend to go for four year school graduates?

Also, for the international students, how are you using your CPTs for internships? I don't think we will get the 29 month extension. What's the current job outlook for us as of now?

Thanks🙂