budadiddy

10+ Year Member
Feb 19, 2005
Status
Is any body an international Pre-Pharm student working hard for Pharm.D?
Can u kindly give some of your experience about preparing Pre-Pharm Courses and PCAT?
Is it very difficult for a foreigner to enter a Pharm.D program in U.S. ?

Trancelucent1

Gator Girl :)
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2004
Orlando, FL
Visit site
Status
Pharmacist
I know that some schools are harder than others for international students. I know that UF only took 6 students from outside Florida so international students are pretty much a no go. But I'm sure that there are plenty of other schools that take international students. Good luck!

safaetx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2004
Status
budadiddy said:
Can u kindly give some of your experience about preparing Pre-Pharm Courses and PCAT?
I am an international student and I got accepted to Shenandoah University, and I also got invited to interviews in colorado and temple but I decided not to go since I already got into Shenandoah. I think that if you really work hard you can do it. it is not easy though, but it is not impossible.
Good Luck :thumbup:

angelil_yu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2004
WPB, FL
Visit site
Status
International student here. I am currently a second-year student and has been accepted at PBA and Mercer. Yeah, to finish the pre-reqs in two years, you have to work hard and try to get a very good GPA in the first year because it's gonna be real tough to maintain and keep up a good GPA in the 2nd year, especially with the organic chem, general biology, Human ANP, and physics classes. :oops:

touchfish

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 4, 2005
Status
budadiddy said:
Go through the enrollment data of each pharmacy school and see which school accepts more international students. This will be a good indication of which schools you should apply to. Also, just make sure that you have decent GPA and PCAT score... I think it's kinda hard for us to get pharmacy related experience so try to volunteer at health-care setting i.e. hospitals, nursing home...
Good luck! if you have any question, feel free to PM me!

ellie

10+ Year Member
Feb 17, 2005
Status
USN (University of Southern Nevada) loves international students. They are looking for diversity. You should try that ;)

Ray1234

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
USN (University of Southern Nevada) loves international students. They are looking for diversity. You should try that ;)
Do you know how many international students does USN have?
I have also noticed that school use the word internatioal student to describe permanent resident student (student with green card).

Dr.Biassi

10+ Year Member
Sep 22, 2006
Status
Post Doc
Loma Linda also like international students. You should check their schools.