International student preparing for Pharm.D

Started by budadiddy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

budadiddy

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is any body an international Pre-Pharm student working hard for Pharm.D?
Can u kindly give some of your experience about preparing Pre-Pharm Courses and PCAT?
Is it very difficult for a foreigner to enter a Pharm.D program in U.S. ?
 
I know that some schools are harder than others for international students. I know that UF only took 6 students from outside Florida so international students are pretty much a no go. But I'm sure that there are plenty of other schools that take international students. Good luck!
 
budadiddy said:
Is any body an international Pre-Pharm student working hard for Pharm.D?
Can u kindly give some of your experience about preparing Pre-Pharm Courses and PCAT?
Is it very difficult for a foreigner to enter a Pharm.D program in U.S. ?

I am an international student and I got accepted to Shenandoah University, and I also got invited to interviews in colorado and temple but I decided not to go since I already got into Shenandoah. I think that if you really work hard you can do it. it is not easy though, but it is not impossible.
Good Luck 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
International student here. I am currently a second-year student and has been accepted at PBA and Mercer. Yeah, to finish the pre-reqs in two years, you have to work hard and try to get a very good GPA in the first year because it's gonna be real tough to maintain and keep up a good GPA in the 2nd year, especially with the organic chem, general biology, Human ANP, and physics classes. 😳
 
budadiddy said:
Is any body an international Pre-Pharm student working hard for Pharm.D?
Can u kindly give some of your experience about preparing Pre-Pharm Courses and PCAT?
Is it very difficult for a foreigner to enter a Pharm.D program in U.S. ?

Go through the enrollment data of each pharmacy school and see which school accepts more international students. This will be a good indication of which schools you should apply to. Also, just make sure that you have decent GPA and PCAT score... I think it's kinda hard for us to get pharmacy related experience so try to volunteer at health-care setting i.e. hospitals, nursing home...
Good luck! if you have any question, feel free to PM me!
 
USN (University of Southern Nevada) loves international students. They are looking for diversity. You should try that 😉
 
USN (University of Southern Nevada) loves international students. They are looking for diversity. You should try that 😉

Do you know how many international students does USN have?
I have also noticed that school use the word internatioal student to describe permanent resident student (student with green card).