International Student Wants to do Md/PHD in the US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelpy

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

kelpy said:
I really really want to go to medical school in the US and I want to know what my chances are of getting into an MD/PHD program? I would greatly appreciate it if someone helped me out! I can provide more information privately,

I assume you are here on a non immigrant visa. In that case your chances of getting into a MST program funded by NIH are zero since they require citizenship or permanent residence. Howver, many programs have private contributors which do allow the funding to go to international students. It depends on the program and the best thing to do is go trough the ones you are interested and see what they require. Generally, you will have a much harder time getting into a program though since spots for international students are even more limited than MD/PhD slots in general.

This has been discussed previously. Do a search. THere's a list somewhere.

hardy said:
I assume you are here on a non immigrant visa. In that case your chances of getting into a MST program funded by NIH are zero since they require citizenship or permanent residence. Howver, many programs have private contributors which do allow the funding to go to international students. It depends on the program and the best thing to do is go trough the ones you are interested and see what they require. Generally, you will have a much harder time getting into a program though since spots for international students are even more limited than MD/PhD slots in general.