International student with NBDE 1 77 applying for prosthodontics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

prosthodontics

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys,

I am a dentist graduated from non accredited dental school.
I got 97 in TOEFL test.
I had taken NBDE 1 on june 2011.
I got 77 comp score.
Anatomic Science: 64.5/100 national mean.
Biochemistry/physiology: 61.6/100 national mean.
Microbiology/Pathology: 66/100 national mean.
Dental Anatomy/Occlusion: 74.9/100 national mean.

I have granted a full scholarship from my home country for postgraduate education.

I am applying for postgraduate prosthodontics program and master of science at many American dental schools.

As you know, some of dental schools require NBDE 1 for application and some of them are not.

I would like you to help me with any information you have.

I know that my score is very low but I passed the exam.

Is that score will help me with application for dental schools that they don't require NBDE?

Is it better to include this score with application or not?

Please help me with any single information.

Thank you in advance.
 
Hi guys,

I am a dentist graduated from non accredited dental school.
I got 97 in TOEFL test.
I had taken NBDE 1 on june 2011.
I got 77 comp score.
Anatomic Science: 64.5/100 national mean.
Biochemistry/physiology: 61.6/100 national mean.
Microbiology/Pathology: 66/100 national mean.
Dental Anatomy/Occlusion: 74.9/100 national mean.

I have granted a full scholarship from my home country for postgraduate education.

I am applying for postgraduate prosthodontics program and master of science at many American dental schools.

As you know, some of dental schools require NBDE 1 for application and some of them are not.

I would like you to help me with any information you have.

I know that my score is very low but I passed the exam.

Is that score will help me with application for dental schools that they don't require NBDE?

Is it better to include this score with application or not?

Please help me with any single information.

Thank you in advance.

Any input 🙁
 
congrats for ur score.can u help me ?i have exam after 2 week .so how can i get good score?is decks and asda are enough?how much repeation u got?tnks bye do u have ny contact number?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi
is that possible for u to apply to postdoctoral program without dds?

Yes I can.
I have BDS from my home country.
There are many dentist graduated from my country and now they aor enrolled in postgraduate program and they did not take NBDE.

So that, I am wondering if it is better to include that score with application or not?

Any single information will help me.
 
congrats for ur score.can u help me ?i have exam after 2 week .so how can i get good score?is decks and asda are enough?how much repeation u got?tnks bye do u have ny contact number?

Hi

I think my score is not that much.

But regarding to me I studied for 2 months and I use the following:
1- Dental Dicks 2009-2010
2- First Aid Q and A
3- Wikipedia
4- I read some topics from Kaplan Lecture notes
 
I know of a junior class fellow of mine who scored a 77 and he's in U penn Perio program. That's all I know but I hope it helps keep your dream alive. Keep your chin up!

I would really thank you for your nice comment.

I don't know why but your comment encouraged me.


I am struggling to get what I want.
 
Hi i really want to know more about this.. i am surprised to know,that you can do postgraduate program in a regular US dental school without a DDS/DMD degree,.. can you please put the link of any school which has this program..it will be of great help to those who cannot get in to a DDS program..
 
Hi i really want to know more about this.. i am surprised to know,that you can do postgraduate program in a regular US dental school without a DDS/DMD degree,.. can you please put the link of any school which has this program..it will be of great help to those who cannot get in to a DDS program..

can you please put the link of any school which has this program..it will be of great help to those who cannot get in to a DDS program..[/QUOTE]