international students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

icycrazydesi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone,
I came to the US 6 yrs ago and still am on a visa (that is i am not a permanent resident or have citizenship). I went to high school in NY and currently am attending binghamton university in NY. I was just wondering if there is a list of osteopathic schools somewhere on sdn that international students like me can apply to because some osteopathic schools don't even consider international students. any sort of help is highly appreciated. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

icycrazydesi said:
hey everyone,
I came to the US 6 yrs ago and still am on a visa (that is i am not a permanent resident or have citizenship). I went to high school in NY and currently am attending binghamton university in NY. I was just wondering if there is a list of osteopathic schools somewhere on sdn that international students like me can apply to because some osteopathic schools don't even consider international students. any sort of help is highly appreciated. thanks

hey desi,

Call every DO college's admissions office, and ask to speak with the director or dean of admissions. They would know exactly what their school's policy is, and how exceptions can be made (since you did highschool and college in the US, they will look at you more favorably than someone who did their college in India) - make sure they understand that you did highschool + college here, not elsewhere.

I suggest making a list of all DO colleges (there's only 23 or 24 of them), and noting down their responses.

http://aacom.org/colleges/ is a list of all the current up-and-running DO colleges with contact information. You should be able to call every school and get a reply within a day or so.

I know for sure CCOM and DMU do accept international students on visas. However, CCOM requires proof of having ~$100K in the bank before you can matriculate. DMU does as well but lower, I think, ~$50K. I'm sure most schools that accept international students will require some proof of financial fundings. Also, keep in mind these schools generally accept less than 5 students per class. :luck: