International Vet Volunteer Opportunities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sharksarefriends33

Reaction score
I am currently a pre-vet student in my undergrad and am looking at both study abroad and just general international volunteer opportunities to look at possibly pursuing in the future.

I know there are some international veterinary volunteer projects like those through World Vets and Worldwide Veterinary Service, but are there any others or different opportunities I should be aware of? If you have done one of those two or a different one, what was your experience? Or is there one I shouldn't look at?

Members don't see this ad.

Try looking into VIDA! They do pre-vet, pre-med, and pre-dental service trips abroad to Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Guatemala. I did a two week trip to Costa Rica and Nicaragua where we had two small animal clinic days in Costa Rica and a few more small animal clinic days plus one large animal clinic day in Nicaragua. We also had plenty of time to explore in the evenings and some designated excursion days where we went rafting, horseback riding, ziplining, and went to see a volcano! It was super fun and I highly recommend the experience! If your school doesn't have a chapter, I'm fairly certain you can still go and just join groups from other schools. My group was pretty large with students from several different states/schools

Reactions: 1 user