SGU 2028 vet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

valeriabernal

Reaction score
Just starting a thread for SGU applicants for vet school!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I had one in July but still no response. Is it true that the longer the decision takes, it is more likely be a rejection? 🥲

I had one in July but still no response. Is it true that the longer the decision takes, it is more likely be a rejection? 🥲
My friend interviewed w them a couple years ago and it took the full 12 weeks to hear back so I wouldn’t lose hope! Maybe it will be coming soon :)

Did my interview for SGU. I'm so anxious about it lol.

My friend interviewed w them a couple years ago and it took the full 12 weeks to hear back so I wouldn’t lose hope! Maybe it will be coming soon :)
The exact thing happened to my friend last year

Just received my interview invite last night!

Reactions: 2 users
It's past 12 weeks so I'm anxious :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
How was everyone's interview experience. Also any tips in preparation, I'm always super nervous when it comes to interview.

How was everyone's interview experience. Also any tips in preparation, I'm always super nervous when it comes to interview.
Mine was wonderful. They are just alumni of the program that have set questions they ask you and it was super comfortable and friendly. You have time at the end to ask any questions about the program or island life. I practiced interview questions aloud with my partner in a mock interview beforehand and it prepared me quite nicely.
They don't have access to your full application so it's considered a "blind" interview as a way to make it an unbiased assessment of you.

Reactions: 2 users
hey guys! did anyone get an email titled: Want to Begin your Veterinary Studies Earlier?
They pretty much asked if you wanted to start in January 2024 instead of september.

hey guys! did anyone get an email titled: Want to Begin your Veterinary Studies Earlier?
They pretty much asked if you wanted to start in January 2024 instead of september.
Yes I did. I didn't reply to it because I want to keep my original application date.

lol the torture of just wanting to know but also knowing that if I accepted the earlier start date I would be dropping all the apps I did for other schools.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel like I can kiss this school goodbye. I thought the time change was an hour ahead of me and turns out it was an hour behind me so I missed my interview time. I was told I could reschedule but it feels like it would be a waste of time for my interviewer as my chances of being accepted now are probably so much lower.

Has anyone heard anything recently? I’m almost at 12 weeks since my interview

I got accepted into the January group! Is there anyone else in the same boat?

They told me they are now expecting decisions to come out end of November/early December due to the amount of applications

just got an A. interviewed I think 6 weeks ago to the day!

I just got accepted today for the fall class! I interviewed exactly 2 weeks ago.

Just got accepted for the fall class

Anyone got interviewed around 4 weeks ago and hasn't heard anything back? Start to get worried

Accepted! Congrats to everyone!

I got my interview 8 weeks ago, they said that final determination for me won’t be until the end of November to early December. I’m so worried now that I won’t be accepted.

I got my interview 8 weeks ago, they said that final determination for me won’t be until the end of November to early December. I’m so worried now that I won’t be accepted.
I believe you will do great! And my interviewer also told me it’s peak interview season now so things take longer to turn around

• Care
It took me 14 weeks to get my acceptance letter, don’t worry guys it may take time but you’ll get yours

Ugh I hate this. I might email them. I haven’t heard anything and I interviewed 9.11