Internship Application Question - Clinical Hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noah333

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a first year clinical student that has been assigned to do a clinical placement at a site that offers an APPIC-approved internship but not an APA-approved internship.

Internship is way down the road for me; however, I am wondering, with respect to the accrual of clinical hours for my future internship application, if hours accrued at a APPIC-approved site are viewed less favorably than those accrued at a APA-approved site (in other words, is the quality of supervision, etc. considered less stringent, etc.). Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Noah333 said:
I am a first year clinical student that has been assigned to do a clinical placement at a site that offers an APPIC-approved internship but not an APA-approved internship.

Internship is way down the road for me; however, I am wondering, with respect to the accrual of clinical hours for my future internship application, if hours accrued at a APPIC-approved site are viewed less favorably than those accrued at a APA-approved site (in other words, is the quality of supervision, etc. considered less stringent, etc.). Thanks.

Don't worry about it. Neither APA nor APPIC approve practica, so it is not as if the pre-internship training program has passed any sort of test just because the site has an approved internship. None of the sites at which I trained prior to the match even had an internship, and I had no problems.

Excellent. Thanks for the info, pgeek.