Internship Hours Requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychDreams

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a fourth year student and am caught up in the match day excitement (congrats to all who matched!).

I've started looking at some internship sites to apply to and have questions about the UCLA internship that I was hoping someone would be able to answer here. They say they require "at least 1000 hours of supervised experience". But what does this mean exactly? 1000 FTF hours? Or hours overall?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a fourth year student and am caught up in the match day excitement (congrats to all who matched!).

I've started looking at some internship sites to apply to and have questions about the UCLA internship that I was hoping someone would be able to answer here. They say they require "at least 1000 hours of supervised experience". But what does this mean exactly? 1000 FTF hours? Or hours overall?

Thanks!
In California all internship hours fall under supervised professional experience (SPE) so my guess is they are saying their site requires a minimum of 1000 hours be completed. Typically around 25% of SPE is FTF.