Internship question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

affectiveH3art

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks! So I received an email from my program faculty encouraging applicants to inquire if they did not receive an interview from sites. The reasoning was due to our program status of Accredited- inactive and some misunderstandings about this standing. Is it worth sending out a general email inquiring if this was the reason they did not extend an interview and to re-evaluate my application? I feel it’s not worth it at this late stage of the game but I’m getting pressured by faculty to reach out. My program is on a roll out program and closing. Our current accreditation standing has influenced cohorts receiving lower amount of interviews in the past. Any thoughts, suggestions or advice is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

This could have been explained on the front end, in your cover letters. I'm with you, I'm not sure there is much benefit to you at this point.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, I figured this was the case!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I had applications from programs with this status and the DCT letter clearly explained the situation to me, so an email now would not change my evaluation of an applicant from said program.