SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Internship question

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by affectiveH3art, Jan 3, 2018.

1. affectiveH3art

affectiveH3art 5+ Year Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Hey folks! So I received an email from my program faculty encouraging applicants to inquire if they did not receive an interview from sites. The reasoning was due to our program status of Accredited- inactive and some misunderstandings about this standing. Is it worth sending out a general email inquiring if this was the reason they did not extend an interview and to re-evaluate my application? I feel it’s not worth it at this late stage of the game but I’m getting pressured by faculty to reach out. My program is on a roll out program and closing. Our current accreditation standing has influenced cohorts receiving lower amount of interviews in the past. Any thoughts, suggestions or advice is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. MamaPhD

MamaPhD Psychologist, Academic Medical Center Psychologist 7+ Year Member

Aug 2, 2010
    This could have been explained on the front end, in your cover letters. I'm with you, I'm not sure there is much benefit to you at this point.

ellenew likes this.
  4. WisNeuro

WisNeuro Board Certified Neuropsychologist Psychologist 7+ Year Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Somewhere
    For many places, mine included, it wouldn't change much at this point in time.

ellenew likes this.
  5. affectiveH3art

affectiveH3art 5+ Year Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Thanks, I figured this was the case!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

6. researchgirl

researchgirl 7+ Year Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I had applications from programs with this status and the DCT letter clearly explained the situation to me, so an email now would not change my evaluation of an applicant from said program.