Interservice Medical Corps Transfer Interest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NavyDoc333

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I am a Navy intern this year and just married a 4th year Air Foce guy at the military medical school (USUHS). With our career choices (Navy Path and AF Emergency Room Medicine) we are going to be seperated for 4 years across country. The only way we would be able to stay together is if another AF doc or med student wants to switch with me (Navy). Just wondering (praying) if someone is in a similiar situation and needs to transfer branches as well....
Thanks-
Lindsey

Members don't see this ad.

Frustrating situation. My brother is engaged to a med student and they lived apart for several years but survived and are getting married soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
This kind of situation was mentioned when i interviewed at usuhs. I'm sure you've already done so, but have you fiance post flyers around the school and ask his classmates. Best of luck!

There's a rule at USUHS: You must date and marry someone from a different service than your own and subsequently try to get one of the two transferred to the other's service. Or whine a lot if it doesn't happen ;)

You'd think that the military would be better about these sorts of situations. But then there is "always the one" that tries to take advantage of the system and ruins it for everyone.

Last edited:
Hey, NavyDoc, no advice from me, but I'm wishing you luck. Time apart from your spouse can be rough and is nice to avoid if there's a way. Fingers crossed...